- All holes, nicks and dents are filled with putty and sanded smooth with #180 grit sandpaper.
- A coat of toner is applied to provide the base color. The toner is methanol-based and contains a variety of color dyes; it dries in a few seconds.
- A thin down coat of sealer is applied to establish an even color.
- We then apply a spray coat of wiping stain and remove the excess with soft rags. This step gives depth and patina to the piece.
- The furniture piece is allowed to dry overnight.
- A coat of vinyl sealer is applied.
- We sand the entire piece with #240 grit sandpaper.
- The piece is then rubbed down with #00 steel wool.
- Two coats of pre-catalyzed lacquer are applied (sanded between coats).
- We allow the piece dry for two to three hours.
- The entire piece is hand-rubbed with #0000 steel wool.
- Lastly, we apply a rubbing compound and polish.
This imparts a smooth and glowing finish to an heirloom-quality
piece of furniture which anyone would be proud to own.